The All Party Parliamentary Group on Vegetarianism and Veganism provides a forum for discussing issues around vegetarianism and veganism. NCVO is delighted to provide the secretariat for this group. The group is funded by the Vegan Society, the Vegetarian Society and Vegetarian for Life.
Institutional catering provisions for vegetarians and vegans (tbc)Email us to RSVP for this meeting
How to Get Involved
We very much welcome attendees with an interest in vegetarianism, veganism, or special diets; public health; the environment; and animal welfare.
Meetings will usually take the form of presentations by speakers and then a Q&A with the floor. However, parliamentarians do have priority in asking questions.
How the Group Works
We hope that meetings will be attended by a range of parliamentarians and stakeholders. Potential topics for discussion include food and medicine labelling, vegetarianism and veganism as protected beliefs, impact of diet on climate change, and institutional catering provisions.
What does Brexit mean for vegetarians and vegans?
Documents from the meeting
- Stephen Pugh: the future of guidance for vegetarian and vegan labelling (PowerPoint)
- Stephen Pugh: the future of guidance for vegetarian and vegan labelling (notes)
- Dr Kinesh Patel: labelling of medicines with 'lifestyle choices'
- Jeanette Rowley: veganism as a protected belief (PowerPoint)
- Jeanette Rowley: veganism as a protected belief (notes)